Healthcare stocks finished up 1.6% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.2% higher and the S&P 500 was up 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 5.4% today.
- Array Biopharma Inc (ARRY): ARRY stock is up 4.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is up 4.1% today.
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is up 3.9% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 3.8% today.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is up 3.7% today.
- China Biologic Products (CBPO): CBPO stock is up 3.4% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is up 3.0% today.
- Prestige Brand Holdings (PBH): PBH stock is up 3.0% today.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (BMY): BMY stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Cardiovascular Systems (CSII): CSII stock is down 3.0% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is down 2.0% today and down 23.9% in the last month.
- Neogen Corp (NEOG): NEOG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Becton Dickinson and Company (BDX): BDX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is down 0.3% today.
- Owens & Minor (OMI): OMI stock is down 0.2% today.
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.