Healthcare stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is up 6.1% today.
- Newlink Genetics Corp (NLNK): NLNK stock is up 4.5% today.
- Magellan Health Services (MGLN): MGLN stock is up 3.2% today.
- Msa Safety Inc. (MSA): MSA stock is up 2.9% today.
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc (MACK): MACK stock is up 2.8% today.
- Mckesson Corp (MCK): MCK stock is up 2.4% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Amag Pharmaceuticals (AMAG): AMAG stock is up 1.3% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is up 1.6% today.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is down 13.4% today.
- Abiomed (ABMD): ABMD stock is down 1.7% today.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is down 0.9% today.
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR): VAR stock is down 0.9% today.
- Nxstage Medical (NXTM): NXTM stock is down 0.8% today.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cempra Inc (CEMP): CEMP stock is down 0.9% today.
- The Spectranetics Corp (SPNC): SPNC stock is down 0.8% today and down 28.3% in the last month.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.