Healthcare stocks rose 1.2% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 rose 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is up 5.4% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is up 3.4% today.
- Wuxi Pharmatech [Cayman] Inc (WX): WX stock is up 2.5% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is up 2.1% today.
- St. Jude Medical (STJ): STJ stock is up 2.2% today.
- Eli Lilly and Company (LLY): LLY stock is up 1.7% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 3.0% today.
- Actavis Inc (ACT): ACT stock is up 2.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Cambrex Corp (CBM): CBM stock is down 4.1% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is down 2.2% today.
- Boston Scientific Corp (BSX): BSX stock is down 1.5% today.
- Astrazeneca Plc (AZN): AZN stock is down 1.0% today.
- Brookdale Senior Living Inc (BKD): BKD stock is down 0.7% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is down 0.6% today.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK): GSK stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is down 0.3% today.
- Msa Safety Inc. (MSA): MSA stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.