Healthcare stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Opko Health Inc (OPK): OPK stock is up 5.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is up 2.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is up 2.7% today.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is up 1.6% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Lifepoint Hospitals (LPNT): LPNT stock is up 1.4% today.
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is up 1.3% today.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is up 1.2% today.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is up 1.2%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is down 4.9% today.
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD): FOLD stock is down 3.8% today.
- Bluebird Bio Inc (BLUE): BLUE stock is down 3.5% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is down 3.2% today.
- Array Biopharma Inc (ARRY): ARRY stock is down 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is down 2.3% today.
- Select Medical Holdings Corp (SEM): SEM stock is down 2.2% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is down 2.0% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is down 2.0% today.
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN): ACHN stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.