Services stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.2%, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Gray Television (GTN): GTN stock is up 2.4% today.
- China Lodging Group Limited (HTHT): HTHT stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Portfolio Recovery Associates (PRAA): PRAA stock is up 1.8% today.
- Dominion Midstream Partners LP (DM): DM stock is up 1.6% today.
- Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings (CCO): CCO stock is up 1.4% today.
- Five Below Inc (FIVE): FIVE stock is up 1.4% today.
- GNC Holdings Inc (GNC): GNC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Mattress Firm Holding Corp (MFRM): MFRM stock is up 1.3% today.
- Monro Muffler Brake (MNRO): MNRO stock is up 1.3% today.
- Hudson Pacific Properties (HPP): HPP stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Frontier Communications Corp (FTR): FTR stock is down 3.4% today and down 25.3% in the last month.
- Companhia Brasileira De Distribuicao (CBD): CBD stock is down 3.0% today.
- Builders Firstsource (BLDR): BLDR stock is down 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Trimas Corp (TRS): TRS stock is down 2.5% today.
- Supervalu Inc (SVU): SVU stock is down 2.4% today.
- Alexander’s Inc (ALX): ALX stock is down 2.2% today.
- Yum! Brands (YUM): YUM stock is down 2.0% today.
- Ingles Markets Inc (IMKTA): IMKTA stock is down 1.8% today.
- Charter Communications (CHTR): CHTR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Parkway Properties (PKY): PKY stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.