Transportation stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq increased 0.4% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among transportation stocks include:
- Ryanair Holdings Plc (RYAAY): RYAAY stock is up 3.8% today.
- United Continental Holdings (UAL): UAL stock is up 3.3% today.
- Delta Air Lines Inc (DAL): DAL stock is up 2.8% today.
- Southwest Airlines Company (LUV): LUV stock is up 2.0% today.
- Allegiant Travel Company (ALGT): ALGT stock is up 1.7% today.
- Hawaiian Holdings (HA): HA stock is up 1.5% today.
- Alaska Air Group (ALK): ALK stock is up 1.8% today.
- Landstar System (LSTR): LSTR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Spirit Airlines Inc (SAVE): SAVE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Knight Transportation (KNX): KNX stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among transportation stocks include:
- Copa Holdings S.A. (CPA): CPA stock is down 7.5% today.
- Huntington Ingalls Industries (HII): HII stock is down 7.1% today.
- China Southern Airlines Company (ZNH): ZNH stock is down 3.8% today.
- Guangshen Railway Company (GSH): GSH stock is down 3.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp Ltd (CEA): CEA stock is down 3.6% today and down 26.9% in the last month.
- Gaslog Ltd (GLOG): GLOG stock is down 3.2% today.
- Golar Lng Partners LP (GMLP): GMLP stock is down 2.2% today.
- Costamare Inc (CMRE): CMRE stock is down 1.3% today.
- Teekay Lng Partners L.P. (TGP): TGP stock is down 1.7% today.
- Seacor Smit Inc (CKH): CKH stock is down 1.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.