Utilities stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.5% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 5.9% today and up 24.2% in the last month.
- Crestwood Midstream Partners LP (CMLP): CMLP stock is up 5.4% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 2.7% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 2.6% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is up 0.8% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is up 0.7% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 4.0% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 3.4% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 3.3% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is down 2.9% today.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is down 2.4% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 2.3% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Westar Energy (WR): WR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.