Utilities stocks rose 0.7% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 1.3%, the Nasdaq was up 1.2% and the S&P 500 rose 1.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Oneok Inc (OKE): OKE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is up 1.8% today.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is up 1.6% today.
- PPL Corp (PPL): PPL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is up 1.3% today.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is up 1.3% today.
- Williams Partners L.P. (WPZ): WPZ stock is up 1.3% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 50.3% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is down 0.7% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is down 0.5% today.
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York (ED): ED stock is down 0.3% today.
- Cleco Power Llc (CNL): CNL stock is down 0.2% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is down 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is down 0.1% today.
- Teco Energy (TE): TE stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.