Utilities stocks finished up 0.2% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 1.1%, the Nasdaq was up 1.3% and the S&P 500 rose 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is up 1.2% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 1.0% today.
- Edison International (EIX): EIX stock is up 1.0% today.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 1.0% today.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is up 0.9% today.
- Alliant Energy Corp (LNT): LNT stock is up 0.9% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Ugi Corp (UGI): UGI stock is up 0.8% today.
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is up 0.8% today.
- Integrys Energy Group (TEG): TEG stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 0.7% today.
- South Jersey Industries (SJI): SJI stock is down 0.7% today.
- Northwestern Corp (NWE): NWE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is down 0.4% today.
- American Water Works (AWK): AWK stock is down 0.4% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is down 0.4% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.