Utilities stocks rose 1.3% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is up 8.8% today on 6 times normal volume.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is up 2.9% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is up 1.9% today.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- National Fuel Gas Company (NFG): NFG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is up 1.7% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 1.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Sempra Energy (SRE): SRE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Dte Energy Company (DTE): DTE stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Empresa Nacional De Electricidad S.A. (EOC): EOC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 0.2% today.
- Spectra Energy Partners LP (SEP): SEP stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.