Utilities stocks finished up 0.7% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.2% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 2.4% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 1.8% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is up 1.7% today.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Xcel Energy Inc (XEL): XEL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Avista Corp (AVA): AVA stock is up 1.2% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Firstenergy Corp (FE): FE stock is up 1.1% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is up 1.1% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- One Gas Inc. (OGS): OGS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is down 0.8% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is down 0.7% today.
- Mdu Res Group Inc (MDU): MDU stock is down 0.7% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Northwest Natural Gas Company (NWN): NWN stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Newjersey Resources Corp (NJR): NJR stock is down 0.5% today.
- Oneok Partners L.P. (OKS): OKS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP): BIP stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.