Utilities stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Terraform Power Inc. (TERP): TERP stock is up 0.2% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is up 0.9% today.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is up 0.8% today.
- The Aes Corp (AES): AES stock is up 0.5% today.
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 0.6% today.
- Potomac Electric Power Company (POM): POM stock is up 0.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Centerpoint Energy Inc (CNP): CNP stock is up 0.1% today.
- Entergy Corp (ETR): ETR stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 2.8% today and down 23.2% in the last month.
- Huaneng Power Intl (HNP): HNP stock is down 2.3% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 1.9% today.
- Transcananda Pipelines (TRP): TRP stock is down 1.6% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.9% today.
- Otter Tail Corp (OTTR): OTTR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Transalta Corp (TAC): TAC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Enlink Midstream Partners LP (ENLK): ENLK stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- NRG Energy (NRG): NRG stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.