Utilities stocks declined 1.0% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq increased 0.2% and the S&P 500 was unchanged.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 1.0% today.
- Energy Transfer Partners (ETP): ETP stock is up 0.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Covanta Holding Corp (CVA): CVA stock is up 0.5% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 0.3% today.
- Nextera Energy (NEE): NEE stock is up 0.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 2.9% today.
- Aqua America (WTR): WTR stock is down 1.9% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is down 1.8% today.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is down 1.7% today.
- Vectren Corp (VVC): VVC stock is down 1.7% today.
- Exelon Corp (EXC): EXC stock is down 1.7% today.
- Pinnacle West Capital Corp (PNW): PNW stock is down 1.6% today.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 1.6% today.
- WGL Holdings Inc (WGL): WGL stock is down 1.5% today.
- Southwest Gas Corp (SWX): SWX stock is down 1.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.