Basic materials stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.8%, the Nasdaq declined 0.8% and the S&P 500 was down 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 1.3% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 1.2% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 0.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 0.5% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 0.3% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 0.3% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 0.3% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is up 0.3% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 0.2%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 2.2% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is down 1.8% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is down 1.7% today.
- Silgan Holdings (SLGN): SLGN stock is down 1.6% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 1.6% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is down 1.4% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.