Basic materials stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.2%, the Nasdaq fell 0.5% and the S&P 500 was down 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 10.3% today.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 4.4% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 3.9% today.
- Ternium S.A. (TX): TX stock is up 3.3% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 3.0% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 2.5% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 2.6% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 5.5% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 4.0% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is down 0.7% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Universal Forest Products (UFPI): UFPI stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 0.9% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 0.7% today.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is down 0.6% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.