Basic materials stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.2%, the Nasdaq was unchanged and the S&P 500 pushed 0.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 2.5% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 1.3% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is up 1.3% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Meadwestvaco Corp (MWV): MWV stock is up 1.3% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 2.6% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 0.4% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 1.6% today.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.