Basic materials stocks declined broadly on Wall Street on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 2.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 2.1%, the Nasdaq fell 2.4% and the S&P 500 was down 2.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 2.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 0.8% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 4.9% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 4.1% today.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 3.9% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is down 3.9% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is down 3.7% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is down 3.7% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is down 3.7% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 3.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 3.5% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is down 3.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.