Basic materials stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 3.8% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 3.7% today.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 3.5% today.
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum Company (RS): RS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 3.3% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 2.5% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 2.3% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 1.6% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is down 2.0% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 0.5% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.