Basic materials stocks fell on Wall Street on Monday morning, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Om Group (OMG): OMG stock is up 27.4% today and up 21.8% in the last month.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 2.7% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 2.5% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 3.0% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 1.6% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 0.3% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 0.7% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is up 0.9% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 3.7% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is down 3.0% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 2.4% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is down 2.0% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 1.6% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 2.1% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is down 1.8% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is down 1.5% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.