Basic materials stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.5% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 2.0% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is up 1.4% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is up 1.3% today.
- H. B. Fuller Company (FUL): FUL stock is up 1.3% today.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 1.2% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 1.2% today.
- Kaman Corp (KAMN): KAMN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is up 1.1% today.
- RPM International Inc (RPM): RPM stock is up 1.0% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 2.2% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.8% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 1.7% today on 10 times normal volume.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 1.2% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is down 1.0% today.
- Compass Minerals Intl Inc (CMP): CMP stock is down 1.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is down 0.7% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.