Basic materials stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Thursday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq increased 0.1% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 2.1% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is up 1.6% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 1.5% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp (KALU): KALU stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 1.3% today.
- Innospec Inc (IOSP): IOSP stock is up 1.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sonoco Products Company (SON): SON stock is up 1.2% today.
- Sealed Air Corp (SEE): SEE stock is up 1.1% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 1.3% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 1.2% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 1.2% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is down 1.1% today.
- Stepan Company (SCL): SCL stock is down 1.0% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 0.8% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.