Basic materials stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.2%, the Nasdaq rose 0.3% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is up 3.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 2.5% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is up 2.2% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 2.1% today.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX): MTX stock is up 2.0% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is down 5.2% today.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is down 2.9% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is down 2.9% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is down 2.7% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 2.5% today.
- Randgold Resources Limited (GOLD): GOLD stock is down 2.3% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is down 2.3% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 2.2% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 2.1% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.