Basic materials stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Monday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 1.0%, the Nasdaq declined 1.2% and the S&P 500 fell 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is up 8.2% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 1.3% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 1.0% today.
- Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited (AEM): AEM stock is up 0.9% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is up 0.6% today.
- Yamana Gold (AUY): AUY stock is up 0.2% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 0.2% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- PPG Industries (PPG): PPG stock is down 50.7% today and down 49.6% in the last month.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 4.4% today.
- Calgon Carbon Corp (CCC): CCC stock is down 4.2% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 3.5% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 2.6% today.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is down 2.6% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is down 2.8% today.
- Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT): SXT stock is down 2.5% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 2.6% today.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is down 2.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.