Basic materials stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is up 2.5% today.
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is up 2.2% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 1.6% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is up 1.4% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is up 1.4% today.
- Matthews International Corp (MATW): MATW stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is down 0.9% today and down 79.8% in the last month.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is down 0.8% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Meadwestvaco Corp (MWV): MWV stock is down 0.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is down 0.7% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is down 0.7% today.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is down 0.7% today.
- Valspar Corp (VAL): VAL stock is down 0.7% today.
- Air Products and Chemicals (APD): APD stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.