Basic materials stocks advanced 0.1% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is up 6.8% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is up 3.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is up 1.5% today.
- Vedanta Limited (VEDL): VEDL stock is up 1.3% today.
- H. B. Fuller Company (FUL): FUL stock is up 1.2% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 1.0% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 0.9% today.
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 1.7% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 1.4% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 1.2% today.
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF): GEF stock is down 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 1.1% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 0.6% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.