Capital goods stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- Heico Corp (HEI): HEI stock is up 2.7% today.
- Heico Cp Cl A (HEI.A): HEI.A stock is up 2.6% today.
- Quanta Services (PWR): PWR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Fortune Brands Home & Security (FBHS): FBHS stock is up 1.5% today.
- Harsco Corp (HSC): HSC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Moog Inc (MOG.A): MOG.A stock is up 1.2% today.
- Pentair Ltd (PNR): PNR stock is up 1.2% today.
- Dycom Industries (DY): DY stock is up 1.2% today.
- Esterline Technologies Corp (ESL): ESL stock is up 1.0% today.
- Toro Company (TTC): TTC stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- Simon Property Group (SPG): SPG stock is down 1.6% today.
- NCI Building Systems (NCS): NCS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Cummins Inc (CMI): CMI stock is down 0.3% today.
- Trinity Industries (TRN): TRN stock is down 0.3% today.
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is down 0.3% today.
- Donaldson Company (DCI): DCI stock is down 0.2% today.
- Msc Industrial Direct Company (MSM): MSM stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.