Capital goods stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.6%, the Nasdaq rose 0.8% and the S&P 500 was up 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among capital goods stocks include:
- James Hardie Industries Se (JHX): JHX stock is up 1.6% today.
- Boeing Company (BA): BA stock is up 1.6% today.
- Meritage Corp (MTH): MTH stock is up 1.3% today.
- M.D.C. Holdings (MDC): MDC stock is up 1.3% today.
- 3M Company (MMM): MMM stock is up 1.3% today.
- Embraer-Empresa Brasileira De Aeronautica (ERJ): ERJ stock is up 1.2% today.
- Simon Property Group (SPG): SPG stock is up 1.1% today.
- KB Home (KBH): KBH stock is up 1.2% today.
- D.R. Horton (DHI): DHI stock is up 1.2% today.
- Ryland Group (RYL): RYL stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among capital goods stocks include:
- U.S. Silica Holdings Inc (SLCA): SLCA stock is down 1.0% today.
- SPX Corp (SPW): SPW stock is down 0.8% today.
- Terex Corp (TEX): TEX stock is down 1.0% today.
- CRH Plc (CRH): CRH stock is down 0.7% today.
- Tennant Company (TNC): TNC stock is down 0.4% today.
- Manitowoc Company (MTW): MTW stock is down 0.3% today.
- Itt Industries (ITT): ITT stock is down 0.3% today.
- Deere & Company (DE): DE stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.