Consumer noncyclical stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is up 1.3% today.
- United Natural Foods (UNFI): UNFI stock is up 1.2% today.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is up 1.1% today.
- Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (COKE): COKE stock is up 1.0% today and up 34.2% in the last month.
- Estee Lauder Companies (EL): EL stock is up 0.8% today.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Mondelez International Inc. Cl A (MDLZ): MDLZ stock is up 0.7% today.
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is down 1.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is down 1.2% today.
- National Beverage (FIZZ): FIZZ stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Owens Corning Inc (OC): OC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is down 0.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- General Mills (GIS): GIS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Reynolds American Inc (RAI): RAI stock is down 0.5% today.
- Clorox Company (CLX): CLX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM): ADM stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.