Consumer noncyclical stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is up 2.1% today.
- Keurig Green Mountain Inc. (GMCR): GMCR stock is up 1.3% today.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is up 1.3% today.
- United Natural Foods (UNFI): UNFI stock is up 1.2% today.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is up 1.1% today.
- Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated (COKE): COKE stock is up 1.0% today and up 34.2% in the last month.
- Estee Lauder Companies (EL): EL stock is up 0.8% today.
- Darling International Inc (DAR): DAR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Mondelez International Inc. Cl A (MDLZ): MDLZ stock is up 0.7% today.
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is down 1.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is down 1.2% today.
- National Beverage (FIZZ): FIZZ stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Owens Corning Inc (OC): OC stock is down 1.0% today.
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is down 0.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
- General Mills (GIS): GIS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Reynolds American Inc (RAI): RAI stock is down 0.5% today.
- Clorox Company (CLX): CLX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM): ADM stock is down 0.4% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.