Consumer noncyclical stocks finished down 0.5% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.7%, the Nasdaq declined 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 0.7%.
Only one stock in the consumer noncyclical sectors showed gains:
- National Beverage (FIZZ): FIZZ stock is up 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Post Holdings Inc. (POST): POST stock is down 1.6% today.
- Constellation Brands Inc (STZ): STZ stock is down 1.4% today.
- Brown Forman Inc A (BF.A): BF.A stock is down 1.3% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Compania Cervecerias Unidas S.A. (CCU): CCU stock is down 1.1% today.
- Archer Daniels Midland Company (ADM): ADM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Brown Forman Inc B (BF.B): BF.B stock is down 1.0% today.
- Deluxe Corp (DLX): DLX stock is down 1.0% today.
- Ingredion Inc (INGR): INGR stock is down 1.0% today.
- Nu Skin Enterprises (NUS): NUS stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.