Energy stocks advanced 0.3% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.6%, the Nasdaq increased 0.8% and the S&P 500 was up 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 2.3% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 2.2% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is up 2.1% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is up 1.5% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 1.8% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 1.8% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 1.7% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 3.6% today.
- Oil States International (OIS): OIS stock is down 3.4% today.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is down 1.9% today.
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is down 2.7% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is down 2.0% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is down 1.9% today.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (CLB): CLB stock is down 1.6% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Noble Corp (NE): NE stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.