Energy stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq fell 0.3% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 4.6% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 4.3% today.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is up 4.3% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 4.0% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is up 3.9% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 3.7% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 3.7% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 3.6% today.
- Cameron International Corp (CAM): CAM stock is up 3.4% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is up 3.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is down 0.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 0.1% today.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.