Energy stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq fell 0.3% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is up 4.6% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 4.3% today.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is up 4.3% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 4.0% today.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is up 3.9% today.
- Ep Energy Corp (EPE): EPE stock is up 3.7% today.
- Linn Energy Llc (LINE): LINE stock is up 3.7% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 3.6% today.
- Cameron International Corp (CAM): CAM stock is up 3.4% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is up 3.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is down 0.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is down 0.1% today.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is down 0.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.