Energy stocks rose 1.2% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.4%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.4% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 7.3% today.
- Hess Corp (HES): HES stock is up 5.5% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 1.3% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 0.9% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is up 0.7% today.
- Suburban Propane Partners L.P. (SPH): SPH stock is up 0.7% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 0.5% today.
- Oasis Petroleum Inc (OAS): OAS stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Williams Companies (WMB): WMB stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 49.7% today and down 50.2% in the last month.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 6.1% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 2.9% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is down 2.6% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is down 2.1% today.
- Atwood Oceanics (ATW): ATW stock is down 2.6% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is down 2.2% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is down 2.4% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 2.2% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 2.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.