Energy stocks finished flat today on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed consistent, the Nasdaq declined 0.2% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 3.0% today.
- Murphy Oil Corp (MUR): MUR stock is up 2.6% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is up 2.4% today.
- Imperial Oil Limited (IMO): IMO stock is up 2.3% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is up 2.2% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Carbo Ceramics (CRR): CRR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is up 1.8% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is down 2.3%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Breitburn Energy Partners L.P. (BBEP): BBEP stock is down 2.2% today.
- National-Oilwell (NOV): NOV stock is down 2.2% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is down 2.0% today.
- Denbury Resources (DNR): DNR stock is down 1.3% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is down 1.3% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is down 1.0% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.