Energy stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.4%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 rose 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 3.0% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 1.9% today.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 1.9% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is up 2.0% today.
- Rowan Companies (RDC): RDC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Valero Energy Corp (VLO): VLO stock is up 1.9% today.
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is up 0.8% today.
- Ensco Plc (ESV): ESV stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 2.7% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is down 1.6% today.
- Wpx Energy Inc. Common Stock W (WPX): WPX stock is down 0.8% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDS.A): RDS.A stock is down 1.0% today.
- Helix Energy Solutions Group (HLX): HLX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Weatherford International Ltd (WFT): WFT stock is down 0.7% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Totalfinaelf S.A. (TOT): TOT stock is down 0.8% today.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 0.8% today.
- BP P.L.C. (BP): BP stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.