Energy stocks finished up 0.8% on Wall Street on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq increased 0.5% and the S&P 500 rose 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): SWN stock is up 2.9% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is up 2.8% today.
- Range Resources Corp (RRC): RRC stock is up 2.6% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is up 2.6% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is up 2.4% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Apache Corp (APA): APA stock is up 1.9% today.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is up 1.8% today.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is up 1.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is down 3.2% today.
- Frank’s International N.V. (FI): FI stock is down 0.9% today.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is down 0.7% today.
- RPC Inc (RES): RES stock is down 0.5% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 0.5% today.
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL): SXL stock is down 0.5% today.
- Enbridge Energy Management Llc (EEQ): EEQ stock is down 0.4% today.
- Amerigas Partners L.P. (APU): APU stock is down 0.4% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.