Energy stocks advanced 0.8% on Wall Street so far on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.3% and the S&P 500 was up 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is up 1.4% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is up 2.7% today.
- Seadrill Limited (SDRL): SDRL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Transocean Inc (RIG): RIG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Enerplus Corp (ERF): ERF stock is up 1.5% today.
- Unit Corp (UNT): UNT stock is up 1.1% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is up 0.8% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is up 3.1% today.
- Delek US Holdings (DK): DK stock is up 1.5% today.
- Oil States International (OIS): OIS stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is down 3.1% today.
- Energen Corp (EGN): EGN stock is down 4.7% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is down 3.1% today.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is down 0.8% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Columbia Pipeline Partners LP (CPPL): CPPL stock is down 1.9% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.