Energy stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.2%, the Nasdaq increased 0.6% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 3.5% today.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is up 1.6% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 0.4%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Alliance Holdings Gp L.P. (AHGP): AHGP stock is up 0.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Memorial Production Partners LP (MEMP): MEMP stock is up 0.3% today.
- Superior Energy Services (SPN): SPN stock is up 1.2% today.
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is up 1.6% today and up 20.3% in the last month.
- Carbo Ceramics (CRR): CRR stock is up 0.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 4.4% today.
- Penn West Petroleum Ltd (PWE): PWE stock is down 3.3% today.
- Chesapeake Energy Corp (CHK): CHK stock is down 1.8% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is down 1.2% today.
- Cenovus Energy Inc (CVE): CVE stock is down 0.6% today.
- Ypf Sociedad Anonima (YPF): YPF stock is down 0.4% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Occidental Petroleum Corp (OXY): OXY stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.