Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.1% and the S&P 500 increased 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is up 2.7% today.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is up 2.2% today.
- Everest Re Group (RE): RE stock is up 1.7% today.
- The Hanover Insurance Group (THG): THG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is up 1.6% today.
- Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd (MRH): MRH stock is up 1.6% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 1.6% today.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd (ENH): ENH stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Zions Bancorporation (ZION): ZION stock is down 1.5% today.
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is down 1.4% today.
- Boston Private Financial Holdings (BPFH): BPFH stock is down 1.1% today.
- Astoria Financial Corp (AF): AF stock is down 1.1% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 1.0% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Svb Financial Group (SIVB): SIVB stock is down 1.0% today.
- UBS Ag Ordinary Shares When Iss (UBS): UBS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cohn & Steers Inc (CNS): CNS stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.