Financial stocks fell on Wall Street on Thursday morning, down 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.5%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is up 4.7% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 4.7% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 3.1% today.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Nomura Holdings Inc ADR (NMR): NMR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is up 1.6% today.
- Cathay General Bancorp (CATY): CATY stock is up 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is up 0.9% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is up 0.7% today.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is down 3.5% today.
- Woori Finance Holdings Co Ltd (WF): WF stock is down 2.7% today.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is down 2.7% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 2.6% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is down 1.9% today.
- Principal Financial Group Inc (PFG): PFG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is down 1.5% today.
- MB Financial Inc (MBFI): MBFI stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.