Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.3%, the Nasdaq increased 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is up 3.6% today.
- Maiden Hldgs Ltd (MHLD): MHLD stock is up 3.0% today.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is up 2.9% today.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is up 2.9% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 2.9% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is up 2.9% today.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is up 2.7% today.
- Eagle Bancorp (EGBN): EGBN stock is up 2.7% today.
- Lpl Investment Holdings Inc (LPLA): LPLA stock is up 2.7% today.
- Bancorpsouth Inc (BXS): BXS stock is up 2.6% today on 2 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is down 3.0% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 2.6% today.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 2.1% today.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is down 1.8% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is down 1.3% today.
- Bancolombia S.A. (CIB): CIB stock is down 1.2% today.
- Annaly Capital Management Inc (NLY): NLY stock is down 1.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.