Financial stocks advanced 1.6% on Wall Street on Monday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.6%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.8% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 11.6% today.
- Cigna Corp (CI): CI stock is up 6.2% today.
- Banco Santander (SAN): SAN stock is up 5.0% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 4.4% today.
- Aetna Inc (AET): AET stock is up 4.0% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is up 4.0% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is up 3.4% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is up 3.5% today.
- Aegon Nv (AEG): AEG stock is up 3.1% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is up 3.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Corpbanca (BCA): BCA stock is down 7.7% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cno Financial Group (CNO): CNO stock is down 0.8% today.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is down 0.4% today.
- Gramercy Capital Corp. (GPT): GPT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Alliancebernstein Income Fund Inc (ACG): ACG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is down 0.3% today.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is down 0.2% today.
- Eaton Vance Limited Duration (EVV): EVV stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.