Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.2%, the Nasdaq increased 1.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 5.5% today.
- Aviva Plc (AV): AV stock is up 3.5% today on 8 times normal volume.
- Hancock Holding Company (HBHC): HBHC stock is up 3.3% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is up 3.2% today.
- Encore Capital Group Inc (ECPG): ECPG stock is up 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Prudential Public Limited Company (PUK): PUK stock is up 3.1% today.
- W.R. Berkley Corp (WRB): WRB stock is up 3.1% today.
- Old Republic International Corp (ORI): ORI stock is up 3.0% today.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is up 3.0% today.
- Deutsche Bank Ag (DB): DB stock is up 3.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is down 1.9% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 1.2% today.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is down 0.3% today.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is down 0.3% today.
- Banco De Chile (BCH): BCH stock is down 0.3% today.
- Pacwest Bancorp (PACW): PACW stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.