Financial stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.4%, the Nasdaq was down 0.5% and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 2.0% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 1.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 1.2% today.
- White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM): WTM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Unitedhealth Group Inc (UNH): UNH stock is up 1.1% today.
- Mizuho Financial Group (MFG): MFG stock is up 0.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Bank of Montreal (BMO): BMO stock is up 0.9% today.
- Kayne Anderson MLP Investment Company (KYN): KYN stock is up 0.9% today.
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is up 0.7% today.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc (BAM): BAM stock is up 0.6% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is down 2.9% today.
- Cno Financial Group (CNO): CNO stock is down 2.1% today.
- Banco De Chile (BCH): BCH stock is down 1.9% today.
- Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN): HMN stock is down 1.9% today.
- Royal Bank Scotland Group Plc (RBS): RBS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Onebeacon Insurance Group (OB): OB stock is down 1.5% today.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Hilltop Holdings Inc (HTH): HTH stock is down 1.5% today.
- Icici Bank Limited (IBN): IBN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Harbinger Group Inc (HRG): HRG stock is down 1.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.