Healthcare stocks advanced 0.9% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.6%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.9% and the S&P 500 was up 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is up 2.1% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is up 1.8% today.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is up 1.8% today.
- Charles River Laboratories Intl (CRL): CRL stock is up 1.7% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 1.4% today.
- Emergent Biosolutions (EBS): EBS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT): ABT stock is up 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cambrex Corp (CBM): CBM stock is up 1.3% today.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is up 1.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is down 1.7% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is down 1.7% today.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Resmed Inc (RMD): RMD stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.