Healthcare stocks fell on Wall Street on Friday morning, down 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.7%, the Nasdaq was down 0.6% and the S&P 500 fell 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Amedisys Inc (AMED): AMED stock is up 4.4% today and up 49.7% in the last month.
- Biocryst Pharmaceuticals (BCRX): BCRX stock is up 3.3% today and up 31.0% in the last month.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is up 1.6% today.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): NKTR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 1.4% today.
- Cempra Inc (CEMP): CEMP stock is up 1.1% today.
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN): ACHN stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Biomarin Pharmaceutical Inc (BMRN): BMRN stock is down 1.7% today.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is down 1.9% today.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is down 1.9% today.
- Immunogen (IMGN): IMGN stock is down 1.8% today.
- Hms Holdings Corp (HMSY): HMSY stock is down 1.5% today.
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc (MACK): MACK stock is down 1.2% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is down 1.5% today.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD): GILD stock is down 1.3% today.
- Repligen Corp (RGEN): RGEN stock is down 1.4% today.
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is down 0.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.