Healthcare stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq declined 0.3% and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Cempra Inc (CEMP): CEMP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is up 1.5% today.
- The Ensign Group (ENSG): ENSG stock is up 1.4% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is up 1.2% today.
- China Biologic Products (CBPO): CBPO stock is up 1.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Align Technology (ALGN): ALGN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is up 1.0% today and up 43.5% in the last month.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 0.9% today.
- Haemonetics Corp (HAE): HAE stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is down 2.9% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is down 2.5% today.
- Taro Pharm Inds (TARO): TARO stock is down 1.8% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 1.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is down 1.5% today.
- Mylan Inc (MYL): MYL stock is down 1.4% today.
- Universal Health Services (UHS): UHS stock is down 1.3% today.
- Icu Medical (ICUI): ICUI stock is down 1.2% today.
- Vca Antech (WOOF): WOOF stock is down 1.2% today.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is down 1.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.