Healthcare stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 1.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.8%, the Nasdaq fell 0.8% and the S&P 500 was down 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (TEVA): TEVA stock is up 0.6% today.
- West Pharmaceutical Services (WST): WST stock is up 0.4% today.
- Abiomed (ABMD): ABMD stock is up 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mednax Inc (MD): MD stock is up 0.2% today.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is up 0.2% today.
- Newlink Genetics Corp (NLNK): NLNK stock is up 0.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals Inc (MACK): MACK stock is down 3.4% today.
- Ziopharm Oncology Inc (ZIOP): ZIOP stock is down 2.8% today.
- Ptc Therapeutics Inc (PTCT): PTCT stock is down 2.7% today.
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is down 2.7% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is down 2.4% today.
- Array Biopharma Inc (ARRY): ARRY stock is down 2.2% today.
- Magellan Health Services (MGLN): MGLN stock is down 2.0% today.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is down 1.9% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is down 1.9% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.