Healthcare stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.5%, the Nasdaq was up 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.5% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Zeltiq Aesthetics Inc (ZLTQ): ZLTQ stock is up 5.1% today.
- Sanofi-Aventis Sa (SNY): SNY stock is up 3.1% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is up 5.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Fresenius Medical Care Corp (FMS): FMS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is up 3.9% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is up 2.5% today.
- China Biologic Products (CBPO): CBPO stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- The Spectranetics Corp (SPNC): SPNC stock is up 2.0% today.
- Cambrex Corp (CBM): CBM stock is up 4.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Pdl Biopharma (PDLI): PDLI stock is down 3.1% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is down 0.9% today.
- Immunogen (IMGN): IMGN stock is down 2.5% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is down 0.1% today.
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT): SRPT stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.