Services stocks rose 0.3% on Wall Street on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.3%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.1% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Dreamworks Animation Skg (DWA): DWA stock is up 4.0% today.
- National Cinemedia (NCMI): NCMI stock is up 3.1% today.
- Sprint Corporation (S): S stock is up 2.9% today.
- American Capital Agency (AGNC): AGNC stock is up 2.4% today.
- Cinemark Holdings Inc (CNK): CNK stock is up 2.3% today.
- Crown Media Holdings (CRWN): CRWN stock is up 2.3% today.
- Clear Channel Outdoor Holdings (CCO): CCO stock is up 2.3% today.
- Jones Lang Lasalle Inc (JLL): JLL stock is up 2.1% today.
- Las Vegas Sands (LVS): LVS stock is up 2.1% today.
- Rovi Corp (ROVI): ROVI stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- J.C. Penney Company Inc (JCP): JCP stock is down 2.5% today.
- Media General (MEG): MEG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Aercap Holdings N.V. (AER): AER stock is down 1.4% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Cousins Properties Inc (CUZ): CUZ stock is down 1.3% today.
- Dillard’s (DDS): DDS stock is down 1.3% today.
- Washington Real Estate Investment (WRE): WRE stock is down 1.2% today.
- Lithia Motors (LAD): LAD stock is down 1.2% today.
- Cedar Fair L.P. (FUN): FUN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Rentrak Corp (RENT): RENT stock is down 1.2% today.
- Asbury Automotive Group Inc (ABG): ABG stock is down 0.9% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.