Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.2%, the Nasdaq increased 1.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Nic Inc (EGOV): EGOV stock is up 4.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Acxiom Corp (ACXM): ACXM stock is up 3.9% today.
- M/A-Com Technology Solutions Ho (MTSI): MTSI stock is up 3.7% today.
- Super Micro Computer (SMCI): SMCI stock is up 3.6% today.
- SS&C Technologies Holdings (SSNC): SSNC stock is up 3.6% today.
- Microsemi Corp (MSCC): MSCC stock is up 3.5% today.
- Enersys Inc (ENS): ENS stock is up 3.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Teletech Holdings (TTEC): TTEC stock is up 3.3% today.
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS): SWKS stock is up 3.2% today.
- Cirrus Logic (CRUS): CRUS stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Hollysys Automation Technologies (HOLI): HOLI stock is down 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Marcus & Millichap (MMI): MMI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Omnivision Technologies (OVTI): OVTI stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Lexmark International (LXK): LXK stock is down 0.3% today.
- Universal Display Corp (OLED): OLED stock is down 0.3% today.
- Cognex Corp (CGNX): CGNX stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wns Limited (WNS): WNS stock is down 0.2% today.
- Mitel Networks Corp (MITL): MITL stock is down 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Informatica Corp (INFA): INFA stock is down 0.1% today.
- Gamestop Corp (GME): GME stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.