Technology stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 1.2%, the Nasdaq increased 1.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.2% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Nic Inc (EGOV): EGOV stock is up 4.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Acxiom Corp (ACXM): ACXM stock is up 3.9% today.
- M/A-Com Technology Solutions Ho (MTSI): MTSI stock is up 3.7% today.
- Super Micro Computer (SMCI): SMCI stock is up 3.6% today.
- SS&C Technologies Holdings (SSNC): SSNC stock is up 3.6% today.
- Microsemi Corp (MSCC): MSCC stock is up 3.5% today.
- Enersys Inc (ENS): ENS stock is up 3.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Teletech Holdings (TTEC): TTEC stock is up 3.3% today.
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS): SWKS stock is up 3.2% today.
- Cirrus Logic (CRUS): CRUS stock is up 3.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Hollysys Automation Technologies (HOLI): HOLI stock is down 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Marcus & Millichap (MMI): MMI stock is down 0.8% today.
- Omnivision Technologies (OVTI): OVTI stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Lexmark International (LXK): LXK stock is down 0.3% today.
- Universal Display Corp (OLED): OLED stock is down 0.3% today.
- Cognex Corp (CGNX): CGNX stock is down 0.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Wns Limited (WNS): WNS stock is down 0.2% today.
- Mitel Networks Corp (MITL): MITL stock is down 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Informatica Corp (INFA): INFA stock is down 0.1% today.
- Gamestop Corp (GME): GME stock is down 0.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.